Further Education College, who are based in West London are looking for a number of passionate Learning Support Assistant’s with a strong commitment to working within further education for learners with complex autism.
Due to the specialised nature of this role, successful candidates MUST have worked in a similar role with Special Need Pupils, have a Strong understanding of ASD.
As a Learning and Behaviour Specialist your role will include.
* Supporting learners to access the education curriculum
* Supporting the development of functional communication systems
* Increasing learners independence so that they can access community activities safely
* Providing personal care and supporting health related needs.
* Supporting learners to overcome behaviours that challenge or that can present barriers to learning
* Collating evidence of learning and progress.
You will work with in the campus as well as in the community and other external college venues as required.
Successful candidates will have.
* Experience of supporting adults with autism and/or learning disabilities to access person-centred learning or community based services
*Experience of supporting people who can engage in a range of behaviours that challenge using a positive behaviour support approach.
*An understanding of and commitment to safeguarding vulnerable young people .
* Outstanding knowledge and practice around equality and diversity.
* Physical and emotional resilience.
* Autism background.
* Enhanced DBS (dated within 2/3 years).
* PECS and/or Approach desirable.
In return, we can offer you the following:
• Immediate Start.
• Permanent Role
• Full Time.
• Starting salary £18,800
• Working Hours – 9.00am – 5.00pm
If you have answered YES to all of the above and you are looking to grow your SEN experience in a specialist, SEN college then I am keen to discuss the role further.
I look forward to hearing from you.